Believe it or not, it’s extremely difficult for an actor to find success. There’s a lot of competition out there, and if they don’t have the talent, luck—or the right agent—to stand out in the crowd, they’ll never make it in Tinseltown. On the other hand, those who do become stars enjoy their fair share of fame and fortune.
Still, some actors command higher asking prices than others—and you might be surprised to learn who these leading men are. So, without further ado, here are the 20 richest actors in Hollywood whose net worth will make your jaw drop!
20. Harrison Ford ($210 million): It’s no wonder Ford has so much cash. Ever since starring as Han Solo in the original 1977 Star Wars, he’s been a major Hollywood success, also playing the iconic title character in the Indiana Jones franchise.
19. Mark Wahlberg ($225 million): This actor has long since shed his “Marky Mark” persona from his younger days, though he certainly still knows how to flaunt his fame. His hit series Entourage was loosely inspired by his own life, after all.
Movieclips Coming Soon / YouTube
18. Will Smith ($250 million): After starting his career as a rapper in West Philadelphia, Smith’s financial success skyrocketed. Now, the actor and producer is living large, just like the fictionalized version of himself from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!
17. Robert Downey Jr. ($250 million): Though his career took a steep downturn around the turn of the millennium, Downey’s net worth rivals that of his Iron Man alter-ego, Tony Stark.
16. Michael Douglas ($300 million): Perhaps this legendary actor doesn’t personally believe that “greed is good,” but he can more than afford the lifestyle of his Wall Street character, Gordon Gekko.
15. Arnold Schwarzenegger ($300 million): This former body builder used his powerful physique and unforgettable accent to become a highly sought-after action star of The Terminator franchise and other blockbusters.
14. Keanu Reeves ($350 million): After making audiences laugh as one of the goofy title characters in Bill and Ted, Reeves’ transition into an action star helped him rise to superstardom.
13. Jackie Chan ($350 million): This martial arts icon has been active since the 1960s. Most people aren’t aware of the bulk of work he’s done as a stuntman, actor, director, producer, and even a singer, all of which has helped contribute to his massive fortune.
12. Tom Hanks ($350 million): This effortlessly charming Academy Award-winner shows no signs of slowing down thanks to his work ethic, talent, and seemingly unlimited financial resources.
Dick Thomas Johnson / Wikimedia Commons
11. Adam Sandler ($360 million): Some may be surprised to learn that this comedian’s films have grossed over $2 billion total to date, explaining why he’s able to live like Mr. Deeds more than ever!
celebrityabc / Flickr
10. Clint Eastwood ($375 million): Though this actor will likely never lose his “tough guy” reputation, Eastwood is now raking in the big bucks as an award-winning director.
9. Sylvester Stallone ($400 million): Perhaps still best known for his breakthrough success as boxer Rocky Balboa, Stallone’s career seems to show no signs of stopping, especially after winning an Oscar for reprising his iconic role in Creed.
8. Bill Cosby ($400 million): Despite the fact that numerous sexual assault accusations have justifiably tarnished his reputation, the veteran Cosby Show actor and comedian is still extremely wealthy. So far, justice hasn’t touched his bank account!
7. Johnny Depp ($400 million): Though the role of Captain Jack Sparrow might be filling his pockets the most these days, Depp’s been fetching large paychecks since his career kicked off in the 1980s.
6. Jack Nicholson ($400 million): He might have just recently retired, but the acclaimed movie star won’t be fading out of the spotlight any time soon—especially since he’s able to afford courtside seats to all those Lakers games.
5. Mel Gibson ($425 million): One of Hollywood’s most beloved movie stars since the 1970s, Gibson is no stranger to controversy. Still, he’s found significant success as a director of films like Hacksaw Ridge.
Gorup de Besanez / Wikimedia Commons
4. Tyler Perry ($450 million): As successful as Perry is as an actor in the Madea franchise and other memorable appearances, it’s important to remember that his fortune also came from his success behind the scenes as a writer and producer.
Sgt Michael Connors / Wikimedia Commons
3. Tom Cruise ($480 million): This actor has been a Hollywood success story since his youth in the early 1980s with films like Risky Business—and he hasn’t appeared to lose any momentum since. At least, not in the money department!
2. Shah Rukh Khan ($600 million): While most Americans probably have never heard of him, Khan is easily one of the most successful actors in all of India, earning the nickname as the “King of Bollywood.”
Siebbi / Wikimedia Commons
1. Jerry Seinfeld ($850 million): His eponymous sitcom may have stopped filming years ago, but the iconic comedian himself—now the host of the web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee—is wealthy enough to afford a massive car collection!
Did you have any idea that these were the richest actors in all of Hollywood? Who would have thought Jerry Seinfeld would be at the top of the list?
Share this list of the richest actors with your friends below!