There are definitely some challenges when it comes to growing up as the child of a celebrity. After all, you aren’t afforded anywhere close to normal degrees of privacy and anonymity like other kids. Even so, there are certainly plenty of advantages to having rich and famous parents… with an emphasis on “rich.”
That’s because when celebrity parents want to treat their kids to a special gift, they don’t have to spare any expenses! So while most children might be excited enough to get video games and other toys on their birthdays, these celebrities’ kids are simply spoiled rotten…
1. Beyonce and Jay-Z: Little Blue Ivy is the proud owner of an $80,000 diamond-encrusted Barbie doll, a bathtub decorated with Swarovski crystals, and even a $3,500 Lucite crib! Surely her younger siblings, twins Sir and Rumi, will soon be receiving similar treatment.
2. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Shiloh was lucky enough to get a skate park for her eighth birthday, right in the backyard of the home that her parents once shared. That makes it easy to do ollies whenever the heck she wants!
The other Jolie-Pitt children have been known to receive extravagant gifts, too, such as a Suzuki motorbike for Shiloh’s oldest brother, Maddox. The Jolie-Pitt clan sure seems to love extreme sports!
Ronald Saunders / Wikimedia Commons
3. Barack and Michelle Obama: It’s not easy growing up in the White House, given the immense amount of public scrutiny. Still, there were definitely perks for the daughters of the former POTUS and FLOTUS!
The Jonas Brothers and the casts of Glee and High School Musical, respectively, were just a few of the stars that performed at the White House to Sasha and Malia’s delight during their father’s tenure as President of the United States.
4. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Though Suri’s parents divorced in 2012, both continued to treat her to amazing gifts. Katie got her a massive two-story “playhouse” with running water and electricity, while Tom spent $7 million on a private jet so he could take his little girl on extraordinary trips.
5. Madonna: Not only does Lourdes Leon enjoy many of the other luxuries you’d expect from being the daughter of one of the quintessential pop stars of the 1980s and ’90s, but there’s another awesome perk…
That perk? Access to an entire wardrobe full of her mom’s most iconic outfits! Practically anytime she’d like, Leon can go digging through some truly one-of-a-kind hand-me-downs, courtesy of her mom.
6. Elton John: The music legend’s first son, Zachary, was gifted with an apartment the moment he was born to a surrogate mother, although of course he’ll have to wait until he’s older to actually live in it. That’s not all he’s received, though.
He’ll also split his parents’ (including Elton’s husband, David Furnish) estate with his younger brother, Elijah, although the dads have said that they’re not leaving everything to their sons, so as not to “ruin their lives.”
Filmy World / YouTube
7. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: Even before they were born, these Latino superstars designated twins Emme and Max an entire wing of their massive home to call their own. That’s not even the half of it, however.
From the moment they were born, the tykes were treated to two Shetland ponies and rattles encrusted with diamonds! Things don’t seem to have slowed down since then, either. For example, Emme reportedly was given $2,400 worth of accessories from Chanel!
8. David and Victoria Beckham: You may not have heard of Neiman Marcus Fantasy Gifts, a line of elegant and expensive luxury gifts, but the Beckhams sure have. That’s how they were able to give their oldest son, Brooklyn, a $50,000 treehouse!
9. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: Twins Moroccan and Monroe were welcomed into the world with the sound of applause from a live recording of their mother. Then, they were brought home to lie in $30,000 cribs!
10. Sandra Bullock: Louis Bullock is the proud (and, quite likely, oblivious) owner of a $14,000 painting by Andy Warhol! He may be a bit young to understand what pop art is, but this is quite a valuable, even priceless, possession regardless!
11. Christina Aguilera: Many expecting moms would be thrilled to have a huge haul of toys from Babies ‘R Us, but this pop star was reportedly not pleased when her then-husband, Jordan Bratman, did just that. Apparently, she tossed them in favor of fancier designer toys in their son’s nursery!
12. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale: The rockstar ex-couple once shelled out more than $15,000 for a birthday party for their first child, Kingston! Reportedly, there were over a hundred guests and a number of candy machines. The gifts haven’t ended there…
Steven Depolo / Flickr
Gwen and Gavin have since divorced. Thankfully, Gwen’s current boyfriend, Blake Shelton, has taken a liking to her kids, treating them to adventures like a dune buggy camping trip and a helicopter ride to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
13. Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault: On her eighth birthday, little Valentina Pinault may have been disappointed to learn that she wouldn’t actually be able to use her gift for a while. But when that gift is a $12 million Los Angeles estate, the wait is worth it!
14. Tyrese Gibson: The singer and actor gave his daughter Shayla what many people, at any age, would consider the ultimate Christmas gift: her own island! He’s kept most of the other details secret, but he did reveal that it’s called “Love Island.”
15. Farrah Abraham: The reality television star of 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom may be young, but she’s showered her daughter Sophia with gifts, including a jacuzzi, a golf cart, her own Apple computer, and a miniature horse—all for just one Christmas!
Farrah_Abraham / Instagram
These kids are all lucky to have parents who are so willing to share their wealth. Hopefully they don’t let it go to their heads!
Share these spoiled celebrity kids with your friends below!