There are a lot of things that most people would simply rather not do. Chores—like washing the dishes or calling the phone company to pay the bill—can be major annoyances. Still, they’re a necessity if you’re an adult. Part of growing up just means doing this kind of stuff!
However, there are some people who refuse to accept this. Rather than do the boring stuff, they try to cut corners out of sheer laziness. While this isn’t necessarily a commendable action, the results are often hilarious—and sometimes they’re even sort of brilliant!
1. These people could’ve actually set up the tent properly rather than just sleeping in the center of this collapsed heap, but that would mean having to hammer things into the ground. And when you’re tired from your outdoor adventures, who really wants to work?
2. In fairness to the (deeply) lazy person using their car to drive their trash can back up from the curb, that hill does look steep enough to be a, uh… slight inconvenience. Seriously, the thing has wheels! How difficult could this be?
3. It’s pretty awesome that most big box stores provide mobility scooters for their disabled customers. That said, it’s kind of weird that this one also comes with a lazy child attached to the back…
4. When you’re multitasking, it can be tough to answer the phone. You’ve only got two arms, after all! No wonder there’s an entire market of hands-free devices. Still, this woman has “hacked” the hands-free idea by simply using gravity to hold her phone in place while taking a call. Genius.
5. Here’s another person who found a more efficient way to use their smartphone… without using their hands, that is. Even though this guy wasn’t doing anything else, he was still too lazy to hold his phone. Hey, whatever works!
6. You could spend a small fortune to get your nails painted at a fancy pedicure place. Or you could save yourself time and money and do what this clever (and very lazy) woman did before donning her open-toed shoes!
7. When you work as a security guard, you stand as the first line of defense between the occupants of your building and any potential interlopers. That’s why it’s always good to have a decoy at the ready should the mood to nap strikes you.
8. Which is lazier: that a person might actually use an escalator that only descends five steps, or the fact that the team designing the mall was like, “Well, we can’t expect people to actually walk here, can we?”
9. Why waste your time getting a bowl for your popcorn when you have a perfectly good hoodie at your disposal? You might have to make a trip to the laundromat, but that’s better than having to—*shudder*—do the dishes.
10. The way in which someone approaches an empty toilet paper roll is the ultimate litmus test when it comes to measuring laziness. Now, this person did make an effort to replace the roll. Tragically, however, that laziness made their efforts unsuccessful.
11. If we’re going to get literal about it, this doorstep is technically being used for its intended purpose. That said, would it really have hurt so much to actually remove it from its packaging before putting it to work?
12. Fast food is pretty convenient for hungry people on the go. That said, can you consider this fast food if the wait is so long that someone actually has to take a seat while they wait for their order? More like slow food, if you ask us.
13. They say that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Maybe that can explain why these fitness fanatics are waiting to take that step until they are actually inside of the fitness center.
14. You might think of laziness as being a distinctly human vice, but plenty of animals out there share this trait right alongside us. Just take this pooch, who might just be a genius for his nifty (read: lazy) solution for eating out of his food bowl.
15. Everyone knows what a hassle it is to clean off your car the morning after a big snowstorm, but it’s usually a necessity. Unless you’re this guy, that is! To be fair, he’s not totally lazy—he did clear off a patch so he could actually see.
16. Not only is this quite possibly the saddest excuse for a headset ever, but it also looks extremely painful. If it isn’t pinching the heck out of his head now, just wait until it snaps when he tries to take it off!
17. It’s this level of laziness that probably gave us inventions like the ridable lawn mower. That said, not all lazy people can spend money on such luxuries—especially not when they’ve already got a perfectly good golf cart and push-mower!
18. When you’re a mom, multitasking quickly becomes a part of your life. After all, moms are super women who can handle anything! Except for, you know, riding a Segway while also pushing a baby in a stroller. That just feels like tempting the gods.
19. Burger King knows that sometimes you’re really, really hungry, but even the thought of doing something as extreme as lifting up your hands to your mouth tires you out. Don’t worry, lazy people, the King’s got you covered!
20. Either the rapture finally happened and the rest of the world missed it, or the people at this store are so lazy that the concept of walking the extra dozen steps to the cart return was simply too much for them.
Wow. There’s lazy, and then there are the people (and animals) on this list who managed to take laziness to a truly new level. It’s almost impressive!